Evans Cycles Celebrates 100 Years on the UK High Street
May 18, 2021 - by Fusion Media Client News
Evans Cycles, the UK’s leading specialist bike retailer, has begun celebrations for its one hundredth birthday.
In 1921, Frederick W. Evans opened his first store on Kennington Road in south east London. Trading from this site for thirty years the brand built a strong reputation as a trusted local bike shop and manufacturer, and business slowly began to grow.
Fast forward to 2021, Evans Cycles is now one of the biggest names in bikes with over 50 stores across the country, employing over 700 store staff and mechanics helping Britain’s cyclists ‘Enjoy the Ride’.
Centenary activities are planned for the rest of the year, starting today with stores across the country being dressed to acknowledge the milestone.
Head of Retail, Matthew Atkinson said: ‘The team here at Evans Cycles are absolutely thrilled to celebrate our 100th anniversary. Serving millions of riders of all shapes, ages and disciplines over the past century, Evans Cycles has truly become a central pillar of cycling in Britain. Having first joined the business as a sales assistant on the shop floor over a decade ago, I’m so proud to have been part of the journey and can’t wait to help more customers ‘Enjoy the Ride’’.
Team GB Olympic Champion Cyclist Sir Chris Hoy added: ‘It’s not often that a brand celebrates 100 years in business. As a long time distributor of HOY kids bikes, I’ve worked closely with Evans Cycles to help inspire the next generation of riders. Whether that’s future Olympic champions, or those that simply want a greener-healthier way to travel, brands like Evans Cycles play an important role in helping them get there. Here’s to the next 100!’
- New Raleigh Stride E-Cargo Range Brings The Future of Urban Transport to the Masses
- The Bike Club Subscription Service is Now Available for Adults
- Beryl Selected to Deliver Cycle Hire Scheme In Manchester
- SunGod Launches new Airas™ Frameless Glasses
- RED BULL TIMELAPS RETURNS FOR 2021 – WITH INDOOR & OUTDOOR RACES
- Reaching Our Active Travel Potential: APPGCW Launches Inquiry To Help Shape The 2nd Cycling And Walking Investment Strategy
- #BikeIsBest launches new campaign, The Best Tool For The Job