Ed Jackson to scale Mount Everest up his parent’s staircase
April 20, 2020 - by fusionmedia Client News
This week, former professional rugby player and quadriplegic Ed Jackson will set out to climb the height of Mount Everest on his staircase at home to raise money for an NHS affiliated charity, Forever Friends, and spinal cord research foundation, Wings for Life.
To simulate the ascent of Everest’s 8,848 metre peak, Ed will climb 89,056 steps – 2,783 trips up and down – in four days, expecting to spend nearly eight hours a day scaling the same flight of stairs.
Since a tragic accident in 2017 where Ed fractured multiple vertebrae in his spine and doctors warned he may never walk again, the 31 year old has had an affinity for mountains and one day hopes to be the first quadriplegic to climb Mount Everest. With COVID-19 forcing the world into lockdown, a staircase at Ed’s parent’s house in Bath has now become his personal Everest.
Ed Jackson said, “It’s a tough time for us all at the moment and charities are certainly no exception. After cheering others on from the sofa I decided it was time to do my bit to support some causes close to my heart. I have always dreamed of being able to scale the height of Mt Everest, I just didn’t think that I would be doing it next to my parents bedroom.”
Ed Jackson will begin his challenge at 07:30 Tuesday 21st of April and hopes to be finished at 21:00 on Friday 24th.
Donations towards Ed’s cause can be made via the following link; https://uk.virginmoneygiving.
To find out more about the Wings For Life Spinal Cord Research Foundation go to www.wingsforlife.com
- Understanding the changing attitudes to e-bike use with Shimano
- Wahoo Releases SYSTM, A Complete Training App for Endurance Athletes
- New Raleigh Stride E-Cargo Range Brings The Future of Urban Transport to the Masses
- The Bike Club Subscription Service is Now Available for Adults
- Beryl Selected to Deliver Cycle Hire Scheme In Manchester
- SunGod Launches new Airas™ Frameless Glasses
- RED BULL TIMELAPS RETURNS FOR 2021 – WITH INDOOR & OUTDOOR RACES