About Fusion Media
Fusion Media was founded by Adam Tranter in 2008. We are a PR and marketing communications agency for active people. Our agency is underpinned by unbeatable knowledge within cycling and running – and a passion to get people active through sport, recreation and transport. We are a boutique agency, therefore small enough to be agile, responsive and flexible to our client’s needs.
Role: Account Executive
(will also consider Senior Account Executive, salary based on experience)
Hours of Work: 9am-6pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) Location: London Bridge (Office attendance required 1-2 days per week)
This is an exciting time at Fusion, as we are growing fast as an agency. The role as an Account Executive is to support Fusion’s Account Managers to help deliver exciting PR and marketing campaigns for our clients.
Teamwork is at the heart of Fusion. You will work collaboratively with the Account Managers, across multiple clients. The role requires the ability to both support Account Managers with PR and digital tasks, as well as using your own proactivity to push new ideas, help meet client goals and develop the account.
Each Fusion client has a different and exciting remit, so the role may vary from pitching stories to journalists and product reviews to media – through to assisting on experiential events and building influencer campaigns.
We pride ourselves on the strong relationships we have with both our clients and journalists. Therefore an important part of your role will be to maintain and grow these relationships.
We are an agile and results driven agency, so the ability to work across multiple fast-moving projects, managing client expectations and meet deadlines is essential.
Day to Day Tasks
- Build and drive relationships with key media and influencers
- Monitor and log media coverage for Fusion clients daily
- Deliver analytics reports on PR and social media (reporting requirements will vary client by client)
- Assist account team in developing and implementing the monthly account planning and activities.
- Assist account team in generating creative ideas for client campaigns
- Assist account team with drafting and pitching press releases, feature ideas and product placements by phone or email to relevant media (this will vary from client to client and cover special interest, consumer media, local, national and broadcast media)
- Handle inbound email and phone requests from journalists
- Assist account team with arranging interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists on behalf of Fusion’s clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Degree level education is not a requirement/necessity to work at Fusion. We are looking for someone who is driven, keen to learn and prides themselves on performing at a high level.
- We are a boutique agency, therefore looking for someone who is willing to get stuck in and help out as required. As we are a small agency, hard work and flexibility is very important and is rewarded.
- As we specialise in cycling, endurance sport and active travel, a passion in at least one of these areas is important.
- You will be motivated by results; exceptional media coverage is what our clients expect.
- Writing – The role will involve a fair amount of writing, so you will need to have good written and spoken English and the ability to adapt your tone of voice to meet our client’s needs.
- Pitching – From communicating ideas to the rest of the Fusion team to presenting features ideas to journalists and clients, you will be required to present in a succinct and engaging way.
- Relationships – We are a relationship-based business. Whether it’s talking to journalists or clients over the phone, by email or in person, you will need to be approachable in communication whilst remaining professional.
- Selling – Your role will include hitting the phones and pitching in stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to do this.
- Showing initiative – Found a better way to do something? Got an idea? We are looking for someone who is keen to push the boundaries and think outside the box.
- Be an advocate for Fusion’s ethos: Our clients are our partners in this mission. Our agency is built on unrivalled specialist knowledge of our subject, as well as traditional values – frequently forgotten by the agency model – of honesty, transparency and personal investment in our client’s mission.
- Adhere to Fusion policies and procedures, e.g. data confidentiality, performance review process, agency administrative processes such as Toggl and Monday.
- Be proactive in your approach to outreach and media relationships.
- Participate in Fusion meetings, initiatives and campaign development meetings.
- Attend/participate in industry events where required.
- Attend/participate in team training and team building events where required.